Tooth loss is a condition that can affect a person in many ways, especially if it is left unresolved. Not only will they experience aesthetic and functionality issues but problems with the overall wellness as well. Losing a tooth or two can cause trouble to a person’s speech and chewing abilities. It also makes them feel more conscious and unconfident about themselves. All this goes to show how important it is to restore lost teeth. Fortunately, we at Norcross Dental Associates happen to offer the most sought-after restorative option nowadays – dental implants!
Unfamiliar about the said dental service? We got you covered! Here is a list of appealing facts about dental implants. Read on.
Facts About Dental Implants
- Dental implants are actually small, screw-like posts and not prosthetic teeth.
- These restorations are highly durable. How durable? They are actually made from the same materials used to build guided missiles and space shuttles – titanium!
- Depending on the number of missing teeth, dental crowns, bridges, and implants are attached to implant posts.
- These restorations are made to closely mimic the look of real teeth, as a bonus, they also give off a natural-like feel.
- Patients are free to eat the foods they love without restriction. It is thanks to the durability and stability that dental implants offer.
- Dentists custom creates the dental prostheses to be attached to implants to make sure that it resembles the remaining natural teeth as close as possible.
- The speech will be restored after the lisps caused by missing teeth. Patients can confidently converse with any of their friends or workmates.
- Dental implants offer a fortunate side effect: the growth of the jawbone. It is all thanks to osseointegration. Unlike other restorations that only slow down bone loss, dental implants can prevent or even rebuild the lost structures. It is possible since titanium posts promote the formation of a natural bond with the bone.
- Good news! Patients do not have to worry about cavities anymore. However, this does not mean that they can slack off with their hygiene practices. It is still best to brush, floss, and rinse every day.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Invest in our Dental Implant Restoration in Norcross, GA! Call or visit us to schedule your appointment with Norcross Dental Associates.