With porcelain veneers, there is truly something to be delightful about. Did you know that the said prostheses can dramatically transform the whole look of your smile? That is because dental veneers are fabricated out of quality materials which give off a natural look to the newly treated pearly whites. Porcelain, the main component of porcelain veneers, is remarkable if aesthetics and durability are to be considered.
We at Norcross Dental Associates provide porcelain veneers in our clinic. No matter how imperfect your smile is—whether you have gapped teeth, chipped or cracked tooth, and minimal misalignments, veneers can mend any of them. The application of the prostheses, on the other hand, is quite complicated. For you to know a little background of the things happening during the placement of porcelain veneers, continue reading below.
Porcelain Veneers: The Procedure
It takes two dental visits before the placement of porcelain veneers is completed. These steps mentioned below are divided into two separate appointments.
- The dentist will reduce the size of the original tooth that needs a veneer. The amount of the enamel to be removed will be based on the thickness of the prosthesis for it to look and feel natural. This step is done for the porcelain veneers to fit on the tooth.
- Next, the color of the veneers to be applied will be determined. The dentist considers the shade of the neighboring teeth before deciding for the hue of the porcelain veneer. Again, the goal is to make the patient’s smile appear more real.
- After the trimming process and the color assessment, an impression taking of the teeth will start. Dental professionals have different ways to get a model of the patient’s teeth. They can use the traditional dental putty or the modern dental machine that captures accurate images of the teeth.
- The final step during the first visit is the bonding of the non-permanent veneers.
- After one to two weeks, the porcelain veneer is ready to be applied on the tooth. The dentist will now have to detach the temporary prosthesis to make way for the tailored smile enhancer.
- The porcelain veneers will be pre-cemented on the pearly white. During this time, the dentist will examine the shape, color, and the overall appearance of the newly-treated smile.
- If there are no adjustments needed, the dentist will then proceed to the bonding process. This method is composed of two procedures – the etching and cementation.
- The dental professional will wash the excess cement and some other debris left on the teeth.
Dentists commonly advised patients for another visit after the first week of wearing porcelain veneers to see if there are issues to be fixed.
Are you ready to embrace a beautiful smile? Let us at Norcross Dental Associates help you! Beautify your pearly whites with Porcelain Veneers in Norcross, GA. We are located at 5448 Spalding Drive, Building 100, Suite A, Norcross, GA 30092.